[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Tonight

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>, NS <nccc-blue@kkn.net>, SCCC Reflector <sccc@contesting.com>, "CW Operator's Club" <cwops@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Tonight
From: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 23:22:19 -0700
Tonight, Thursday .. .

Week 7 out of 10 of the current 100-watt NCCC Sprint Ladder (NSL-9) is
tonight, Thursday  0230-0300Z on 20, 40, 80 and 160m cw, preceded by W9RE's
Slow NS at 0200 on 20-80m and, 18-26 wpm for those who want to learn the
sprint format or work up their contesting code speed.

Some exciting , close races in a four of our five NS Ladder Divisions:

In the NCCC division, the average score for K6VVA and N6RO are,
respectively, 1606 and 1596 points.  Can  Locust, operating remote  from
"Locust Peak"  actually  beat the master of NCCC contesting, N6RO? Stay
tuned.   Better, join us for the Thursday NSL to help decide this close race
and at the same time practice your sprint technique in preparation for the
upcoming  NCJ NA  CW Sprint.

In our West Central Divisons, two of the seasoned experts in North American
contesting, N3BB and WD0T are close after 6 weeks;Jim with an average score
of 2016 against Todd's 1928 average score.

And most exciting of all . .  in the East Central Division, MMRC veterans
k8mm and n8ea are virtually tied at 1799 and 1798 average scores, reflecting
total scores of 10791 and  10787.

So the competition this time is the Contester's dream of the perfect
contest.  And our Atlantic Division has NO3M in the lead with an average
score of 2169 vs a close 1966 from Howie,  N4AF.  Danny, K7ss has his usual
commanding lead in the West Division, where he's had the top score in all t
weeks of participation.

See www.ncccsprint.com for details. Rules and map of the contest's 5
geographic divisions at
http://www.ncccsprint.com/ladder.html

Scores at:     http://www.ncccsprint.com/results.html  (awaiting week 6
posting)

NS Ladder participants and others with interest in NCCC Thursday night
contesting belong to  NCCC-Blue reflector. Contact n6zfo@arrl.net for info.

Finally, a heads up on the NCCC 4oth year celebration commencing Sept 18.
The NSL on Sept 24 and the CQP practice on Thursday Sept 31 will give you an
opportunity to work NCCC members for the fancy certificate given to stations
who work 40 NCCC member stns between Sept 18 and October 1.   see
http://nccc.cc/40th.html .

73  Bill N6ZFO
Contest Director, NCCC Sprint Ladder