Re: [CQ-Contest] Very importan CQ SA SSB

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Very importan CQ SA SSB
From: "Brian Miller" <brianmiller@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:28:18 +1300
Hi all

The Oceania DX Contest Committee was also disappointed to see the
announcement of the CQ SA SSB contest for the same weekend as the
Oceania DX CW Contest. This is the weekend that the Oceania DX CW
contest has been held on for many decades.

We have already written to the CQ SA SSB contest organisers separately
about this matter.

It is our view that a continental contest like this should not be
planned to coincide with the same dates as other existing continental
contests. There are more than enough weekends available for each
continent to have a set of dates which do not clash.

Consequently, we have asked the CQ SA SSB organisers to choose dates
for the new contest which do not clash with our contest or other
continental contests. We appreciate that it may be too late to change
the dates for the 2010 event , but we strongly urge the CQ SA SSB
organisers to consider alternative dates for the 2011 event.

At the very least it would have been helpful if the CQ SA SSB
organisers had consulted with other affected contest organisers before
announcing the new contest and dates.

73

Brian Miller ZL1AZE
Chair of OCDX Contest Committee