Re: [CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?

To: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] a little more fairness?
From: Prasad VU2PTT <vu2ptt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 06:21:08 +0530
Ward,

Appreciate your comments and this is exactly what I have been
contemplating in the run up to planning a pan-VU contest. Trying to
decide which of the big ones to select in terms of exchange. That's a
different topic and best on a separate thread.

But to stir the pot, if VE to W can get 2 points in CQWW, why not VU
to JA get the same treatment :)

No I am not asking to turn the premier contest into the Makrothen :)

73 de Prasad VU2PTT.

On 12/7/10, Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com> wrote:
> One antidote to the inevitable geographic unfairnesses of HF contesting is
> to sponsor and publicize "Contests Within a Contest" (CWACs) within the
> disadvantaged community.  Create any type of competition that does not
> require the  participants to violate the rules of the overall contest.  Then
> publish the results in a way that recognizes the efforts of the community
> and encourages them to operate.  No HF contest will ever be "fair" - in
> fact, it's not even hardly possible to define what "fair" is!  So play by
> the rules of the game and add your own game on top of them!
>
> For example, why not sponsor plaques or certificates for each HS (or VU)
> state?  Create clubs and teams that compete against each other.  Keep
> records of "most zones" or "most countries" or something.  There are lots of
> ways to play in the big contests and have a great time, even if you know the
> overall Top Ten boxes are probably as remote as the Himalaya.
>
> 73, Ward N0AX

Sent from my mobile device