Re: [CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQ Contest (pet

To: Joe <nss@mwt.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Club/Group competition 275 km radius in CQ Contest (petition for change).
From: Phil VK4BAA <philhss@tesco.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 5:09:07 +0100
Joe,

Here in VK, the land mass is large but the ham population is small. Hence, the
VKCC (VK Contest Club) is spread across the whole country - which is a little
bit larger than 275km. You'd be unlikely to find more than a handful of hams
within your suggested radius unfortunately.

There are all manner of clubs that are spread over even larger distances - some
within amateur radio circles too..... the 10-10 club or the First Class
Operators Club for example...?

73,

Phil
VK4BAA / VK4KW