Re: [CQ-Contest] Warning re: Dayton "Grand" Hotel (formerly the DoubleTr

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "NIDXA Reflector" <nidxa@yahoogroups.com>, "SMC Reflector" <smc@w9smc.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Warning re: Dayton "Grand" Hotel (formerly the DoubleTree Dayton)
From: "Jim N7US" <n7us@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 15:47:03 -0500
After reading the reviews and finding a report dated 3 Oct 11 on
http://bedbugregistry.com/location/OH/45402-1810/Dayton/11%20S%20Ludlow%20St
#
I called the hotel.  I spoke with front desk clerk Angel who said the
previous manager, who she said was not good, is now gone.  The new
management that just started just had an all-hands meeting to turn the place
around.  She said it should be much better by the convention, but that's
only seven weeks away, so I hope she's right.

I explained that the hotel will have lots of hams staying there, and we
communicate among ourselves, so it will be hard for them to recover any
Hamvention business if we have bad experiences.

73, Jim N7US