Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests

To: "'W0MU Mike Fatchett'" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote Control in Contests
From: "Doug Renwick" <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:44:54 -0600
It just becomes another tool for cheaters to exploit.  The 'slippery slope'
argument states that a relatively small first step leads to a chain of
related events culminating in some significant effect.
For example, set up a remote station in Eu and work everything remotely
(transmit and receive) from say both Eu and NA while claiming one is in NA
during or outside a contest.  Lots of possible scenarios.  I would guess
that it is probably happening already in one way or another.

While you claim that nobody supports the operation described below, without
realizing it, you are only encouraging it.  Slippery slope.

Come-on, nobody cheats do they.

Doug

In the year 2525 ...