[CQ-Contest] HA: Aniother rules/remote RX issue

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] HA: Aniother rules/remote RX issue
From: "Vladimir Sidarau" <vs_otw@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 09:16:32 -0400
It would be better to outlaw it completely because if checking propagation
without solicitation of contacts remains to be legal, although not
recommended, it may totally disrupt the very idea of contesting because it
lefts less space for normal QSOs.

Imagine, say, 50 super power HP stations not making contacts but just
"checking/monitoring propagation" on 160 m (!!!) nonstop and simultaneously
and you will understand what I mean.
Or think about a great LEGAL opportunity to hold "your" frequency for 48
hours...

Please do your best to stop it right away and totally outlaw it in the rules
for all categories.

Thanks for your consideration.

73,

Vladimir VE3IAE