Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012

To: Mirko S57AD <miroslav.sibilja@amis.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:22:31 -0700
Yes, of course I understand all of that.  That's why I posed it as an
example ... because I think it's fundamentally the same thing for Yuri.
I can't think of a single reason why the contest sponsor has any
obligation whatsoever to turn an illegitimate entry into a legitimate
one.   Can you imagine the nightmare precedent that such an action would
create??  There would be no end to it and we'd be lucky to see results
posted within our lifetime.

In fact, for Yuri's log to be accepted as Single Operator the ARRL would
have to implicitly determine that KV4FZ was indeed not a control
operator, and that would make Yuri's Extra Class contacts illegal per
FCC rules ... not just zero point value.  Why would you just ignore that?

Dave   AB7E