Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012

To: "'David Gilbert'" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, "Mirko S57AD" <miroslav.sibilja@amis.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KP2MM Disqualified in ARRL CW 2012
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:06:04 -0400
Dave, I'm not ignoring anything. You have presented this statement...

> In fact, for Yuri's log to be accepted as Single Operator the ARRL would
> have to implicitly determine that KV4FZ was indeed not a control
> operator,

...as a given. You can stop right there because I don't agree with the
statement. My point is that ARRL contest rules do not explicitly say that
the presence of a control operator in the room makes the entry multi-op.
ARRL has chosen to interpret the rules to mean that, but the text doesn't
say anything of the kind. In fact, in defining multi-op, the rules
explicitly state a bunch of activities that would not be done by a control
operator being present in the room and not touching the radio, computer or
any other equipment.

73, Dick WC1M