Re: [CQ-Contest] Mixer

To: <BobK8IA@aol.com>, <mwdink@yahoo.com>, <nss@mwt.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mixer
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:54:37 -0400
> Good find, Dink.
>
> Plus, Amazon has free shipping on orders over $25, so add something for
> about $7 and get the order shipped for nada.

Except a mixer will not work for what he described, which was a single input
with multiple outputs. He said:

> Does anyone have some design to home brew a multiple headphone ummm
> Mixer? Ya know plug into a headphone jack and be able to have multiple
> headphones plugged in.

Multiple loads requires a system that distributes audio, like a typical
70-volt line output system used for multiple speakers.

:-)

If he wants multiple load channels from a single source, it has to be a
constant voltage source, or near constant voltage source. Generally most
modern solid state amps fit that category, provided they have overkill for
the audio line power. I find most receivers, at least all those I have, have
more than enough oomph on the speaker output to drive multiple headsets,
when stepped up to a reasonable voltage.

73 Tom