Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Split operation in CQ WW CW
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 09:58:49 -0600
Did this split operation cause a large number of people to lose
contacts?  I guess I don't understand the big concern.  I don't think we
were running out space.  Maybe if everyone feels the need to be in the
bottom 50 but there was activity way up the bands.  I will admit to
trying this from J6M for a very short period of time and it was a
complete failure. 10m was wide open but signals were all about S5.
Nobody would listen and the pileups were huge.  I was way up the band.
Up 1 or 2 is certainly not common in contests and I don't think most are
expecting it.  Sure it takes up more space.  So does running 1500w or
more right?  We run split on SSB I guess that should be a no no too?
What is the difference?

Mike W0MU

W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net:23 or w0mu-1.dnsdynamic.com
Http://www.w0mu.com