Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestions

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Suggestions
From: "Martin , LU5DX" <lu5dx@lucg.com.ar>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 10:03:36 -0300
Oh gosh Hans!
You are a very smart guy, but please don't force Jeff's the argument, what
you are exposing here is called a syllogism. It is widely used by lawyers
and politicians world-wide.
What you are saying is like the lawyer representing a killer, who wants to
prove he is not the actual killer, because he is a good father.
C'mon, let's start working for a better contesting.
Contest organizers, have in their hands a very specific and easy way to
ensure more valid and transparent results are achieved for everyone in one
very specific aspect where cheating has been hitting hard.
As far as "your" category, it can no longer be effectively proved any more.
So because of personal likes, we are allowing unfair and unsportsmanlike
behaviour by many.
Let's be generous enough and put the convenience of the whole over our
personal likes and dislikes.
In fact, I must recognize that the sense of accomplishment of working mults
without assistance is by far greater than when you do it by clicking on a
band map. That happened to me during last ARRL 10 M contest, when I entered
MS LP with my father. We didin't have an i'net connection and yet, we
enjoyed that contest very much. But that doesn't mean that having the
assisted/non assisted distinction is better for us all.
As I said, ultimately the responsibility of contest organizers is to ensure
transparent and valid results are issued to reward the efforts made by the
entrants.
Vy 73.

Martin, LU5DX