Re: [CQ-Contest] Why is he ashamed of his call???

To: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why is he ashamed of his call???
From: Jeffrey Embry <jeffrey.embry@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:10:18 -0500
Seems to me that this argument happens after every contest.  Perhaps we
should just deal with it or the contest sponsors revise the rules to
enforce IDing every "you fill in the blank".   As for me...If there was no
ID after 3 - 5 calls, I moved on since it isn't worth my time...and truth
be told this year, IDing was much better than past years from my
perspective as a little pistol who did a lot of S & P.  Bottom line....I
had fun and there was little to complain about.

73es,

Jeff
K3OQ

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@yahoo.com> wrote:

> SO, how about this for a fantasy <grin>
>
> we need about 10-20 big guns - the ones that always get through the pileup
> in one call.
> They go up and down the band in a coordinated effort working the
> "offenders"
> time and time again. Each time they get a DUPE response, they come back
> with a
> "NO ID" response.
>

> Would iding become more common?  <grin>
>
> alas, it would ruin the fun for those big guns but remember it's only a
> fantasy. <grin>
>
> cheers
> dink

Jeff Embry, K3OQ
FM19nb
ARCI #11643, FPQRP #-696,
QRP-L # 67, NAQCC #25, ARS #1733
AMSAT LM-2263

--
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of
enthusiasm.  - Sir Winston Churchill