Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summarizing the Skimmer Accuracy Thread
From: XV4Y <xv4y@nature-mekong.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:53:56 +0700
Hi,

> Skimmer accuracy had gotten much better, but it is certainly not perfect yet.
> The accuracy of the spots coming from the RBN are generally higher than those
> coming from human beings.

I really start to think human beings should not be allowed to participate to
contests anymore.
They cheat, make errors, complain all the time about rules being unfair...
We should decide the winner by a lottery, thus eliminating the disadvantage of
some geographic situations or money discrimination.
Then we should operate and let the computers make the receiving, decoding and
logging, sending the logs for the record.

By the way, I have another idea for the next generation radios and future
DXpeditions.
This is called the ZBAT(c) protocol (Zero-Beat Auto Tracking). Working split in
pile-ups, the DX station transceiver would transmit a short digital preample
telling what is his VFO-B (RX) frequency. All the compliant radios would
automatically QSY to the right transmit frequency, thus eliminating the painful
search of the right TX spot in pile-ups.
I know you will tell me there is a "media access" problem and this will result
in many "collisions".
The fair solution is that any radio being internet connected now, they will ask
a central server the authorization to transmit. The priority in the queue will
be determined by the price of the radio and the serial number.
I have a patent pending for this protocol and several manufacturers are
interested since this will make incentive to buy high-end radio very often to
ensure being on the top of the list.

73,
Yan (just awaking from a nightmare).
---