Re: [CQ-Contest] Keep your CTY files updated

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Keep your CTY files updated
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:37:37 -0500
Shucks, I though "external help" wasn't permitted for the Single Op categories. Why isn't the use of a "scavenged" list of locations from previous contests considered "external help?"

All this chitter chatter about folks "illegally using" the RBN and/or DX clusters when operating Single Op.... but no comment about flagrant promotion of a "seemingly obvious" violation of the rules??? As "Weekend Update" on "Saturday Night Live" is prone to say, "REALLY? REALLY??? REALLY?????" (Sorry, no html formatting allowed in this reflector, at least not in the digest mode which I use, because of the sheer volume of redundant flames which seem to be so ubiquitous.)

Prey tell me, why is the use of all this external help NOT a violation? For me, I find the "help" provided by N1MM software to be more of a nuisance than useful.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time