Re: [CQ-Contest] The Paper log one radio, the SO2R and the SDR generatio

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The Paper log one radio, the SO2R and the SDR generations
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 02:45:18 +0100

HI José,

>From your previous writings I understand that you describe yourself as the
"real hard core SDR operator" ;-))

What is the SDR Radio you are using in contests?
So far none of them is useful for contesting in Europe without sophisticated
preselectors.

Then you are saying:

"and then fezzing the panadapter screen, it is very easy just looking at the
width of the trace (small width small signal, wider width bigger signal)"

How is that possible?
Usually the width of the trace shows the transmitted band width, not the
received field strength.

73
Peter