Re: [CQ-Contest] When is speed not speedy?

To: KU7Y <ku7y@qsl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When is speed not speedy?
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:01:40 -0400
This an interesting thread.

One of the interesting observations made at this years CTU was along
the lines of  "A lot of the serious folks will end up working a good
percentage of the serious folks".  No - don't expect a 100% sweep, or
even close to it, but chances are the big guns will work a good
percentage of serious entrants, conditions permitting.  Once you think
about it, this makes perfect sense.

What makes the real difference is how many casual folks one can work.

So - by slowing down and making an effort to work casual folks CAN
lead to a winning score!

The other thing I heard at the 2011 QRP forum was to suggest the QRP
folks work contesters!  We have the ears to hear them, and they WILL
make QSO's :-).  And yes, the QSO's ARE appreciated.  My heart skipped
a beat when I heard the presenter suggest this :-)

Just something to keep in the back of your mind during those slow
times...  There are folks wanting to work us.  Just might need to dig
a little deeper to put them in the log.

Tom - VE3CX