Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote

To: w5ov@w5ov.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote
From: Michael Clarson <wv2zow@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:28:33 -0400
Using the same logic, if I had a Bluetooth headset/microphone (frequencies
restricted to keep it within the 2.4 gHz ham band), then that too would be
a repeater station? I disagree -- the link between the control point and
the radio is part of the same station. Now, if I contacted someone via a
Mars rover, as far as I am concerned, I contacted a radio on Mars. Does it
count for awards/contest? That is up to the sponsor. If they allow it -- it
counts. Same with any remote control -- if allowed, it counts, if not, it
doesn't. --Mike, WV2ZOW