Re: [CQ-Contest] Error free RBN

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Error free RBN
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 17:51:02 -0600

On 07/17/2013 02:37 PM, Jack Haverty. wrote:
Me too - another casual contester.

A simple enhancement of the logging program(s) you use might help a lot
with those serious operators' problem.  Suppose you could have a command to
tell your logger "treat this call as if I worked it", so it would never
appear again as a spot on your screen.

In N1MM, for example, there is a "remove selected spot" menu item now to
get rid of a spot on the bandmap.  A similar item "Remove selected spot and
never consider that callsign again" would stop the "over and over and over
again" problem.

The loggers could even have a file, similar to the ones we use today as a
"whitelist" of known contest calls, but containing a "blacklist" of known
bad calls.  The loggers would simply read such a file and then ignore any
spots for those calls.

Already an existing feature in N1MM Logger.

73,
Steve, N2IC