Re: [CQ-Contest] Legalities and ethics of international remote operation

To: LB3RE LJ3RE Stein-Roar Brobakken <post@lb3re.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Legalities and ethics of international remote operation?
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:32:15 -0500
Technology does not make people cheat; they cheat because they want to.

That YO op  would cheat some other way if remote was not there
.
Remote transmitters are obvious cheats.  You can cheat by connecting
to a remote SDR using your web browser.  That's not so obvious.

As Dave said, this is a complex subject.  It's also an emotional one.

Hopefully we won't beat this thread to death again.  Lots is happening in
this space,
and as each individual administration and national organization make their
decisions,
we will have our answers.

The DXAC is looking at Remote operation issues, and we all know remote
contacts
won't count for DXCC when the op is not in the entity.

This is a contest reflector, so we are concerned about contests.  As it
stands now,
proper remote operation IS allowed in all the majors as long as it;s OK
with the country
where the TX is located.

73, Gerry W1VE
Hancock, NH

Proud operator of SK9HQ, PR1T and US remotes from the US during IARU
Radiosport 2014 -- all done
with the proper permissions.,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFAR0Vqy-g