Re: [CQ-Contest] [SMC] Sat Night Sprint

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [SMC] Sat Night Sprint
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 11:51:35 -0700
On 02/02/2015 08:40 AM, Gary Senesac wrote:
Joe,

It may be possible, and legal, if station 1 is running SO2R.

Not just SO2R makes it legal - The station must also work another station at least 5 kHz away, and not just call an unanswered CQ or get beaten out in a jump-ball.

Joe may very well have heard stations breaking the rule by making "round robin" QSO's. When I used to do Phone Sprints, I frequently heard this behavior.

73,
Steve, N2IC