Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW check logs

To: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW check logs
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 09:43:54 +0700
"Hits" I have taken after I learned how my logs are really scored.......
1.  somehow, the other guy's mistakes become mine.
2.  somehow, because ONE contact wants an HS in his log, which he never
sends in, has  negative repercussions on me.   I still get a lot of that.
3.  somehow, the HUGE continent of Asia is often equated to EU.
4.  distance between contacts does not matter.

I still have fun, but I admit I feel lots less enthusiastic about actually
entering as a contestant.

73, Charly HS0ZCW

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net> wrote:

> In the 2014 SSB Contest, I moved one DX station from 10 to 15 and then to
> 20 m for a new multiplier (The DX station graciously agreed to move).
> After receiving my UBN file I found that both 15 and 20 m QSO's with this
> DX station were marked as Not-In-Log and I lost 2 multipliers + I was
> penalized.
> However, all 3 QSOs are confirmed on the LoTW...
> I discovered that the above mentioned DX submitted Single Band (10 m) LOG
> and removed all other QSO's from his LOG thus penalizing everybody he
> worked outside 10 m band...
> I don't know, maybe CQ WW Committee should explain the policy of a "single
> band" category more clearly... Or, what else can be done to avoid
> situations like that?
> And what if it's done on purpose, like in the example with that SM
> operator?
> Makes you a bit mad if you can't control things like that.
>
> Yuri  VE3DZ  (VE2IM in both WW's last year)
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve London" <n2icarrl@gmail.com>

Charly, HS0ZCW