Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rules changes
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 15:48:10 -0400
I remember when Chip Margelli, K7JA visited me in the Virgin Islands bringing along his FT-101EE. Using my call running 100 watts Chip won first place in both ARRL Phone and CW sweepstakes the same year. This was a feat never ever accomplished before. He won with a good combination of circumstances, great op, great location, and then a rare multiplier. Chip used paper logs, paper dupe sheets, and good antennas from my shack out on a peninsula with the ocean 50' below a cliff where the beams were on a tower. Everything helped Chip out but not as much as his determination to get the job done.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ