Re: [Amps] Why not use the ORANGE button?

To: "Charles Henry" <k4vud@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, "Contest Internet" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Why not use the ORANGE button?
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 21:34:34 -0500
In class A, the 3rd harmonic content is somewhat less, and the higher order products are way down. Without that feature enabled (the usual AB), the 3rd is stronger and all of the usual higher order products are present and strong. I normally drive my Alpha 76PA with the 5K in class A at about 60W. The output signal is nice and crisp with that combo.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

-----Original Message----- From: Charles Henry