[Amps] Real danger to use the ORANGE button

To: Jeff AC0C <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>, Contest Internet <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Real danger to use the ORANGE button
From: Charles Henry <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 04:17:19 +0000
URGENT to all Yaesu radio owners with the orange Class A button.
ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RUN THOSE RADIOS AT LESS THAN FULL POWER OUTPUT SETTING.
I ran a FT-1000Mark 5 into an Alpha 76pac with Class A turned on and at about
50 watts of drive.
That adjustment resulted is burning up the Yaesu radio so badly no one could
fix it;  not even Yaesu England.  Do not run Class A at any setting below full
RF power with power knob fully clockwise!

The FT-5000/9000 can adjust somewhere between AB and full Class A.  I do not
know about that situation.

Otherwise, lets hear some crowing about Yaesu Class A transceivers to go with
the crowing K3 Lovers Club, eh?  73, Charly