Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, George via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:04:34 -0500
Ed,

You're forgetting a few things, so just to help fill out the checklist:

1. Pick a contest date
2. Start a website.
3. Spend a year or two chasing circular arguments about what the rules
should be,
4. Begin an email campaign to generate interest
5. Organize a slate of volunteers with unlimited travel budgets to check
logs, visit stations, cross-reference logs with SDR recordings, write the
contest results article, tabulate the Top 10 and multiple regional boxes,
6. Line up sponsors to pay for plaques and for buying space in a magazine to
publish the results (since you probably don't own a magazine).
7. Put on your flame-proof underwear for the inevitible whinging about how
badly you screwed up the rules.

I think that covers it, yes?

73, kelly
ve4xt