Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes
From: Dave Mueller N2NL <n2nl@n2nl.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 14:52:43 -1000
All this talk of inequality in scoring has got me thinking - what would be a solution that would be satisfactory to everyone? This is what I came up with:

Final Score X (CORRECTOR) = Final Corrected Score

Where (CORRECTOR) is some handicap value that accounts for disadvantages in location, antennas, power, equipment, and operator skill.

This formula can be simplified easily to this:

(Final Score X 0) + 1 = Final Corrected Score.

Add a Cabrillo line for credit card data to pay a new entry submission fee, and everyone gets a trophy, just like my kid's soccer team. One bonus is that this formula will work for every contest.

73, Dave N2NL