Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes

To: Dave Mueller N2NL <n2nl@n2nl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Contest scoring schemes
From: George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 09:59:02 -0700
On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 02:52:43PM -1000, Dave Mueller N2NL wrote:
> All this talk of inequality in scoring has got me thinking - what would
> be a solution that would be satisfactory to everyone? This is what I
> came up with:
>
> Final Score X (CORRECTOR) = Final Corrected Score
>
> Where (CORRECTOR) is some handicap value that accounts for disadvantages
> in location, antennas, power, equipment, and operator skill.

Yes!

The correction factor.

Seems I have pointed this out every 10 years or so.

http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/1993-06/msg00020.html

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/CQ-Contest/2011-06/msg00280.html

Be sure and look at the threads around those posts.

And the beauty of this sort of scoring is that you no longer need to
do log checking. In fact I am not sure you even need to get on
the radio. Or even own radios.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii@kkn.net