Re: [CQ-Contest] Verticals on the beach (AGAIN)

To: alannottage@aol.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Verticals on the beach (AGAIN)
From: Charles Harpole <hs0zcw@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 05:51:01 +0700
I have never used EZNEC.  I put up the most aluminum I can as high as I can
afford and work everything I can hear.  I do believe in lots of radials for
verticals and ran some of mine down into the near by lake.

I put up all I can and dont worry about fine details like if it is 5 or 7
degrees.  It is nice folks make all these plans, but ............

73, Charly

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:35 PM, alannottage--- via CQ-Contest <
cq-contest@contesting.com> wrote:

> I don't have a scientific calculator to hand Mike, but those '200 ft hills
> are what 18 degs?  100' is 9degs?  The latter is going to be fine for EU on
> the high bands in good times, but if you're really talking verts on the
> beach, then that whole saltwater scenario is what is going to count.  The
> Fresnel zone will be out to 10 wavelengths at least so 1000 feet is going
> to be fine down to 30 metres (10Mhz).  On 40m, that's likely to be a little
> less than ideal, but the improved ground conductivity in the very near
> field will likely begin to play into your hands at that frequency and in
> particular below as Ed says.  Some of those places in VE1 that you describe
> are up creeks and might be just brackish rather than pure seawater at the
> 'beach' of course.  Good luck!
>

> Al G0XBV

Charly, HS0ZCW