Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB "Go away DX only"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB "Go away DX only"
From: Gary K9GS <garyk9gs@wi.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:29:17 -0500
This weekend I was listening to a pile-up that a CU station had going. It was a pretty good sized pile-up. I listened for at least 5 or 6 QSOs and he never ID'd, not once. One of the W guys he had just worked (same voice I heard just work him) asked for his call-sign. The CU just unloaded on the guy and got quite irate because the guy had the nerve to ask him to ID. The argument lasted a minute or so and the CU station refused to ID.

I listened for another few minutes and then tuned away. The CU station never ID'd. At this point I was hoping he would ID just so I could count how long between ID's. Never got the chance.

So how did I know he was in the Azores? There were two spots in the band-map from being spotted, one with the correct call ( I had worked him the day before) and one busted spot. I suspect it was the busted spot that was causing the pile-up as this was on Sunday and he was "fresh meat". In the span of time I listened he probably worked 20 stations without IDing.

The CU station should be DQ'd not just for violating the ID rule but for unsportsmanlike operating.