Re: [CQ-Contest] K5GO speaks out for youth in contesting

To: <kq2m@kq2m.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K5GO speaks out for youth in contesting
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 18:40:05 -0400
Bob, You were probably motivated to write this (just as I was about to but
you beat me to it) after having another amazing WPX weekend.  In my case,
3800 Qs and only 25% of them from the US.  This despite splitting the stack
(EU and US) some of the time on 10, 15, and 20 and actually beaming west on
40 and have a bi-directional 80M wire beam.

Most US stations were very loud so it was not about conditions.

The fact is that PY, LU, HS, YB, BY, and all of EU is booming in
participation its amazing.

This thread should be discussing - why is the US going the way of JA in
contesting?  Its clearly not a global problem, it's a US and JA problem from
all that I hear on the bands and see in the logs being submitted.

73

Ed  N1UR