Re: [CQ-Contest] K5GO speaks out for youth in contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] K5GO speaks out for youth in contesting
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:58:50 -0500
That all depends on the school.
Some schools are like Ft. Knox.
Others are soo open it's amazing!
I did one of my high altitude balloon flights for a local school district by me several years ago. They were celebrating the 50th anniversary of the launch of Sputnik.

We tried to involve the whole school,. science, Home-EC, etc. a sewing class made the parachute. we had one on one interactions with all the students. Then the day of the launch we arrived at the school at about 4 AM for pre launch preparations. and the school was wide open we walked right in the front door and did not see a single body till almost 6 AM

Then key student launch personnel started to show up so it was just some old farts and students in the hidden back areas of the school.
Eventually thousands arrive and we have an incredible day.

The Launch,
https://youtu.be/UcLZh4LhzLY

So not all schools are so paranoid!
\