Re: [CQ-Contest] RBN Spots?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RBN Spots?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 08:27:03 -0300
Do I really need 2 repetitions? I use CQ VE9AA TEST (and never, ever CQ
VE9AA VE9AA TEST) and seem to get spotted.  I likely don't get spotted as
much as other locals, but is this why, or is it just because I am weaker?
(100w and wires here most of the time)

Serious question !!!

de Mike VE9AA

So long as you have at least two repetitionsof the CQ key-words (CQ, TEST,
FD, UP1 at least) and two repetitions of your call, you'll be heard and
spotted, with the proviso that if you stay on the same frequency, any given
node will only spot you every ten minutes plus the time it takes to hear you
after the ten minutes is up. minimum QSY is ~ 500 Hz. DE and K are not
necessary.

73, Pete N4ZR

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB