[CQ-Contest] Contest simulation using RBN archives

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest simulation using RBN archives
From: Dez Watson <g3ww.dez@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 13:53:41 +0100
Hi,

There are tools out there to analyse archived RBN data, ViewProp is one such program which springs to mind.

This is great for analysing propagation and planning contest strategies using real data.

What I'd really like to do is use RBN archived data to simulate a telnet feed into my contest logger's bandmap.

In essence, I want to simulate a contest using archived data to experiment with band changes and alternative

strategies, retrospectively.

The RBN raw data is in the .csv format so I'm well aware I can view the data in say Excel or Access so could do

this manually but really want to simulate an archived RBN feed to my logger's bandmap.

Any thoughts or suggestions?!

73

Dez, G3WW / M6W