[CQ-Contest] Clarification: WAEDC and IARU Bandplan

To: "'Saulius Zalnerauskas'" <ly5w.sam@gmail.com>, "'Tonno Vahk'" <tonno.vahk@gmail.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Clarification: WAEDC and IARU Bandplan
From: "Helmut Mueller" <helmut@photo42.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 07:34:25 +0200
Clarification: WAEDC and IARU Bandplan

Dear fellow contesters and participants of our WAEDC contests.

The rule we are discussing today is part of the WAEDC rules for approximately
20+ Years! To my knowledge we never ever disqualified or penalized
20+ anyone for
operating outside the IARU recommendations. I am definitely sure for the time
since 2010 when I took over as the contest manager for WAEDC.

We are NOT going to disqualify anyone 2016 in the 62nd edition of the WAEDC
contest for this particular rule!

With the CW leg already in the books and SSB this weekend, this would be a huge
game changer in the middle of the season, after 20+ years and also in view of
the WRTC 2018.

We might be able to remove the QSOs in question from the scoring, what would be
a fair approach for everyone. Some participants detected their mistake and
already sent the QSOs as XQSO in their Cabrillo log file. This way it would not
be counted towards the score.

For now we suggest to follow the rules and do NOT operate inside the contest
free segments. You are in very high danger losing these QSOs anyway.

According to IARU recommendations operation should be avoided outside
contest-preferred segments. No operation to take place on:

CW : 3560-3800; 7040-7200; 14060-14350 kHz
SSB: 3650-3700; 7050-7060; 7100-7130; 14100-14125; 14300-14350 kHz.

This part of the WAEDC rules will be under review for 2017, so please check the
rules before the 2017 WAEDC contest series starts all over again.

Nevertheless it is highly recommended to follow the IARU Bandplans at all times.

73 de

Helmut Mueller (DF7ZS)
WAEDC Manger