Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Contesting Efficiency Calculator

To: "'cq-contest'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Contesting Efficiency Calculator
From: "Ashraf CHAABANE" <ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:29:43 +0100
Hi All,

Some people wrote me and asked for more clarifications on how to use the
spreadsheet and macro. Sorry for sending it at “raw” state. I did improve it to
make it easier to use.

The audio log has been extracted from CW Skimmer. Since CW Skimmer cannot
generate a log of the stations “copied”, I launched Aggregator 4.0 used for RBN
network. Once connected to CW Skimmer, Aggregator will take callsigns heard by
CW Skimmer. If you want to receive all the stations that appear in the audio
recording, you have to up-tick “Do not send sports without CQ” in CW Skimmer.

In order for Aggregator to generate a log, you have to tick “Should Aggregator
record Skimmer telnet traffic in AggregatorLog.txt?”. This file will appear in
the same folder where the exe file is.

The raw format of Aggregator log will have to be manually modified (until I
include feature to do that automatically). The log will include events done by
CW Skimmer (change of frequency, copied call, etc.). Only lines starting by
“0DX” should be kept in the file. These lines represents the copied callsigns
(and this is what we’re looking for”.

Once the AggregatorLog is cleaned out, simply import it to “Skimmed_Log”
Spreadsheet of the excel file.

Say for example the audio recording is from 1300z to 1400z. “Focus_Log”
spreadsheet should contain the part of your Cabrillo contest log from 1300z to
1400z.

In my example, all QSOs in the selected period are on 20m. So I imported my
entire Cabrillo contest log into “All_Log” Spreadsheet then removed all QSOs
but the 20m ones (after a automatic sort out operation).

Now the data should be ready for calculation. You simply should run the macro
by pressing Alt+Maj+G and clicking the play button. A form will appear. Press
“Calculate” then wait for a minute.

The macro will cross check the “Skimmed_Log” spreadsheet calls against the
selected-period log and the 20m entire log as described below.

Please re-download the file from the link below and let me know your thoughts.

http://www.kf5eyy.info/Audio%20vs%20log_WW%20CW%202016.xlsm

vy73

--

Ash KF5EYY