Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting - not

To: Edward Sawyer <sawyered@earthlink.net>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting - not
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:11:42 -0500
KE1J was very active from K2LE in Vermont.

In CW contesting, the need to spot has virtually been eliminated by the RBN.

In fact, if you are not looking at RBN spots, you are at a disadvantage.

This has a detrimental effect on SSB, as it is not automated.

However, for Assisted operating in the real world, RBN is here to stay.

RBN hurt us at VY1AAA, as we were not manually spotted much, and prop,
especially in Europe, was not so
hot, so we were not picked up by RBN.

The is game in CW contesting now.

73, Gerry W1VE