Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting - not

To: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Spotting - not
From: Gerry Hull <gerry@yccc.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:53:51 -0500
Agree on all, Ron, 100%

We, as the "OTs", must teach new contesters SKILZ (as they call them).

As I see it, RBN is "easy", so why not use it?  This is what is happening
to contesting.

I was very frustrated, and have been in the past, operating from rare
VY1AAA.  Our team lit up the USA Skimmers like wild fire -- Lots of KBs, 73
and 599s sent
from US stations we could not work in the contest.  Yet, NONE of them
spotted us.  Remember, spotting is for the benefit of all.  Certainly, you
are not  hurting yourself if you spot VY1AAA, since we are not competing in
the same category.

As a believer in RBN, I still tuned the band a lot this weekend, and worked
many 229 Euro mults which I ONLY found by actually tuning the dial.

All methods are important.

73, Gerry W1VE