Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW

To: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW
From: Tom Haavisto <kamham69@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 14:38:26 -0400
Being unassisted is not the issue.

Last year, a group of us operated as 6Y3T.  I was sending a bit fast, and a
friend (not using the cluster) *thought* he was working BY3T.  When I
worked him, I sent "Bill" - a quick hello.  That put an even bigger smile
on his face!

He went and told his XYL "I just worked China!!  And the op there knows me
- said 'hi Bill'"  So his XYL asks "So - who do you know in China?"  That
got him thinking, and the few names he came up with as possibles were back
from that part of the world.  So - he went back to listen some more, *then*
copied me as 6Y3T, and everything fell into place :-)

So - might be some click & shoot stuff in there, but some folks may have
just out and out busted the call.

Knowing propagation will go a LONG way in avoiding these types of errors.

Tom - VE3CX