[CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW
From: jpescatore--- via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 05:54:38 -0400
Barry - I've been operating first K4VV and now W4AAW remotely from Maryland for
a couple of years now and been seeing the pre-fill over-reliance the entire
time. The biggest is probably Sweepstakes, but also the Sprint and NAQP -
higher percentage in those than in the ARRL CW.

Since all contest software does pre-fill for things like zones in CQ WW, it is
hard get too outraged about the history file use. The good new is the offenders
get punished by a score reduction.

It is good to see many of the contest reports highlighting accuracy.  It is
also a reason I find contests with serial numbers to be more fun and
challenging - and I almost enjoy working the guys who change their CK every
year in Sweepstakes!

73 John K3TN