Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW
From: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:09:31 -0400
Yes, there are lots of things that "not ego-centered ops" can do to ease the
life of other (less experienced) contesters... For instance, they may sign
.../6 to make sure that others copy the "CA" correctly. Some of those "not
ego-centered ops" would even change their calls to reflect their real QTH.

What is really impossible to do is to teach some people to think when they log
a BY station at their lunch time on 15 meters during a sunspot minimum. And
even more impossible to make them think twice before spotting that BY station
right away!

A common mistake that a lot of US stations make in a DX Contest nowadays - they
don 't listen to the call, even if the signal is not fluttering. They just
point, click and send exchange.
Of course, it's easier to blame the CQing station for not ID'ing often enough,
but why nobody blames "the other guys" for not listening enough???

Yuri  VE3DZ