[CQ-Contest] Self spotting?

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Self spotting?
From: Mark <markzl3ab@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 03:29:01 +0000
As you may know we have all sorts of issues in this part of the world with
getting people to turn their beams in a contest.

So if I come across a station calling CQ who clearly cannot hear me, is it
OK to spot him saying ZL can hear you? Would it make a difference if, being
in a multi-op, the spot comes from my personal callsign and not the
multi-op callsign?

My feeling is if the spot doesn't come from the station callsign and
doesn't mention the station callsign,it can't be considered self spotting
as the DX station won't know the callsign which wants to work him (although
he might assume it is the one spotting him).

Thoughts?

73
Mark ZL3AB