[CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 09:45:54 -0500
It doesn't matter what YOUR software calculates.  It only matters what the Log Checkers calculate.  Once I sent Zone 7 instead of Zone 8 for an entire contest, even though I was in zone 8.  I don't remember if I was penalized, but IF the Log Checker compared what I sent to what was on the other fellows log  - I dunno if it was a penalty.

And, when I submit a cabrillo file, I always either do not claim a score, or claim "0" for the score.  Claimed score is meaningless to the log checker.

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time