Re: [CQ-Contest] Here's an idea...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Here's an idea...
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 19:20:33 -0300
You're kidding right?

You can use any old name you want.  I've copied "OOKPIK, JESUISCHARLIE,
ZIG.you name it)

You're not bound by law to use your own name Ria.  C'mon.  Don't be a cry
baby !

You email the SCP guy, tell him you're going to use "ED" (or BOB, or AL or
JOHN)

and from then on, use that name.  The guys who all use a fresh SCP will get
it.

The guys who user an older version of SCP as a crutch will easily copy a 2
or 3 letter name.

I think you're just stirring the grits.

If you are bound and determined to use your own name, suck it up and deal
with the repeats.

Mike VE9AA...

Last time I used David (in honor of K3LP) and people asked for repeats.

This is literally the only contest where this happens.

I can only assume they were using a partial check file or something.

Ria

N2RJ

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB