Re: [CQ-Contest] [WRTC2018] looking for a new team leader

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [WRTC2018] looking for a new team leader
From: "Stephen Bloom" <sbloom@acsalaska.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 07:39:15 -0800
Hi all:

One thing is, I imagine it is quite rare for someone to drop out after
qualifying.  People work for years and invest considerable time, money,
and various other resources in order to qualify.  The most likely scenario
is a very last minute thing.  Someone gets sick, or has a family emergency
Or some situation in their home country becomes dangerous.  In this case,
the replacement process in the WRTC rules, (basically a ad hoc, "ok, who
can do this" process) is the only feasible option.  The partner is already
there, it wouldn't be right to sideline him/her etc.  (Full disclosure, I'm
already
Planning on being in Wittenberg, and I did put in for the position.)  A
change a month ahead of time isn't exactly the same, but I'm not sure it is
that
much different.  It would be tough to get someone who wasn't already
planning on being there.

Regarding DL1CW, I know the request states that he *must* be the partner.
Even if that wasn't included though, I can't imagine anyone not
giving him the spot, it's simply the right thing to do.

73
Steve KL7SB