[CQ-Contest] Don't Judge Me!

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Don't Judge Me!
From: <wigi@kl0r.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:12:20 -0800
For a number of reasons, none of which have anything to do with contesting,
I was cajoled/convinced/coerced into getting a DMR radio. Wanting to make
the best of a bad situation, I decided I would go in search of the
contesters in the DMR universe, and much to my chagrin, I didn't find any...
or at least, I didn't find a contesting interest talkgroup.

Ok, it did have a little to do with contesting. A number of our recent ops
came up to Alaska with DMR hotspots, and so we thought it might be a cool
way to chat when we're scattered to the solar wind.

So, not seeing any contesting-focused DMR groups, we created one. It is on
BM TG 3830 (see what I did there?). You're all invited to visit and chat,
and argue about any contesting-related topic... and who knows, it might be a
place to share scores... or not... it is up to the users.

The talkgroup is not moderated, so there are no rules or standards, except
for the usual common sense.

My appeal to all of you is to help me feel better about buying a radio (and
a hotspot) that just barely count for ham radio. Come chat... There are a
half dozen of us using it a little... Brandmeister likes to see some
activity history before they assign a dedication to a channel... so we're
trying to generate some.

On a related note, I think there is a slow-scan talkgroup on BM TG 14228.
Hard to know, I don't ever hear anything on that channel.

73, Wigi
KL0R