Re: [CQ-Contest] Where did "Reflector" come from?

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Where did "Reflector" come from?
From: K3TN via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 10:38:26 +0000 (UTC)
I remember first hearing the term in the early Internet days, probably
somewhere in the mid 1980s. When someone figured out how to use one email
address to "reflect" an email to everyone on a list, it made life a lot easier,
as long as someone served as list manager.
During the formative years of CQ-CONTEST I (then WB2EKK) had a contest software
column in NCJ and kept the list of contester Internet email addresses and
George (then WB5VZL) and Trey (then WN4KKN) set up the reflector and Internet
site ends of things, that was in the late 80s/early 90s I think.
72 John K3TN