[CQ-Contest] CQ Zone trivia

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQ Zone trivia
From: <wigi@kl0r.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 10:00:24 -0900
I seem to remember that there is a quirk in how the CQ zones are drawn, and
that there's some very small part of China that is in Zone 22, or some very
small part of India that is in Zone 23. Am I correct? Or has this been changed?

I was interested enough to go looking at this, and depending on the map you
use, it looks like some very northern part of India is in Zone 23 (but that
isn't how I remembered it). If you look at the CQ WAZ list, it clearly states
that is not the case - China is not listed as part of Zone 22, and India is not
listed as part of Zone 23. But some maps show that.

I then referred to the arbiter of all knowledge, Google... and when you click
on the map in the area of interest, it says "unavailable".

I suspect that since even Google doesn't know what is there, that we're talking
about some uber-remote part of the Himalayas that is uninhabited... and so for
a contest, who cares? But I am a bit of a map geek, so I kinda care.

Any info on that?

Thanks!

73, Wigi
KL0R