Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian Beats Out Canada for Magnetic North ... For Now

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian Beats Out Canada for Magnetic North ... For Now
From: Richard Smith <n6kt1@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 15:47:38 +0000 (UTC)
 Does that mean I should design my antennas for low F/B ratio? (hi hi)
73, Rich, N6KT,  PJ4K
    On Thursday, May 7, 2020, 07:25:11 AM PDT, <john@kk9a.com> wrote:

 Eventually the earth's magnetic poles will flip and you will be
beaming backwards using the compass alignment method.

John KK9A

David Siddall K3ZJ wrote:

Good thing HF antennas generally have relatively wide beam width if you use
a compass to orient without correcting for deviation.

This also has a subtle effect on propagation paths through the polar areas,
depending upon your location.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52550973

73, Dave K3ZJ