CT-User

DVP Problems

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: DVP Problems
From: K5ZD@world.std.com (Randy A Thompson)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 23:27:12 -0500 (EST)
Used my DVP this past weekend (one of it's 3 outings per year). Need some
suggestions.

My DVP has terrible hum.  If I put the rig in transmit without talking,
the hum is more than 200W out (voice peaks at 1500W).  This is very
noticeable to other stations and makes me sound like an Italian.

The hum was even worse before I added a ground strap between the computer
and radio.

I am using the "official" cable from Harvard Radio.  My rig is an IC-765.
Mic is a Heil headset (although other mics have the same problem).

Randy, K5ZD